OZEV EVHS Scheme Eligibility
What is an OZEV Grant?
OZEV is a government funded scheme designed to encourage the transition to an eco-friendly future by switching to electric vehicles. There are currently two funding schemes: the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) and the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS), both of which offer up to £350 towards the cost of the electric vehicle.
Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme
The EVHS applies to anyone who owns a new or used electric vehicle that has been manufactured since 2016. This includes:
- Those with access to a company car
- Those who lease an electric vehicle for work (this include those who lease a vehicle against their salary)
- The Government reserve the right to discontinue the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) with four weeks’ notice, however, they have committed to accepting any eligible claims within the four-week notice period.
- The EVHS can only be applied when the smart chargepoints have been authorised by an NICEIC approved installer, such as ourselves.
- To arrange your free no-obligation quotation, contact us via phone, email or use our contact us form.
Commercial charger OZEV Grants
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) allows businesses to benefit from a Government grant that goes towards the cost of installation of EV charge points. There are an estimated 30% of EV drivers utilising their workplace charge points, as a result of installation from employers.
Introducing electric vehicles to businesses is a sustainable way to operate, whether the company have a fleet of company vehicles or not, as they:
- Reduce CO2 emissions, ultimately reducing the cost of annual road tax
- Have lower fuelling and servicing costs than conventional cars
- Result in vast financial savings and increased revenue
- Increase employee loyalty as they can save up £1000 a year by charging their electric vehicle at work
- The Workplace Charging Scheme is available to any business wanting to install EV chargers, with savings of up to £350 (inc. VAT) per charge point socket* and an entitlement of up to £14,000, installations are cost effective and affordable.
Eligibility for the WCS grant will be accessed using the following criteria*:
- Installation must be completed by an OZEV-approved charge point Engineer
- The charge point must be OZEV-approved
- Businesses must only apply for a maximum of 40 sockets per company
- Private off-street parking must be available
- The WCS allows applications of up to 40 sockets per company and does not require the ownership of an electric vehicle prior to having the application approved. However, claims on existing chargepoints will not be accepted.
- For more information, contact us via phone, email or use our contact us form for your free no-obligation site assessment and quotation